Ideologically Unsound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened to Ideologically Unsound?

Go down

What happened to Ideologically Unsound? Empty What happened to Ideologically Unsound?

Post  -asuitablevictory; Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:22 pm

Yeah, well I guess this is going to be asked sooner or later by new members, so I guess it could be better to write it out in a thread instead of telling the whole story over and over. Please do not argue or go off-topic in this thread. It was put here for a reason.

Ideologically Unsound was first created by a user under the name "darkwish000" (back then, other characters like +,.; or : were not allowed in username creation, so having numbers after your name was a normal thing) two years ago. It was originally designed as a Nexopia spin-off, without the whole profile thing and without the hordes of little teeny-bopper whores. Just the forums. But after a while, I.U. grew a life of it's own and became more than a spin-off of another site.

Over a year and a half, the forums gained population at a insane rate, before finally hovering at around 600,000 users (this number is thought to be dated from March 2009). The forum thrived with a count of over 100, 000 users on at any possible time, often 100+ browsing a single forum. This was when the original creator of the forums took permanent leave and handed authority to his mods.

With so many mods and so many users at the same time, keeping the site under control became a hassle. Back then the forum was still under CSS code (written by the admin) and none of the mods knew how to write the tech language or even modify it. The forums soon became out of control and simply spending time on Ideologically Unsound became unbearable.

This problem was spread all across the Proverbial Insanity group. Several forums fell through during this time, including our sister forum "Assholes Anonymous" (it wasn't surprising, as that site thrived off of trolls and nasty people). Eventually, Ideologically Unsound was shut down and the original members were banned, supposedly for good.

But instead, several people decided to keep the legacy going, and the admin privileges were given to our lovely friend -Paradox, who then gave them to me. As of now (February 15th, 2010) we have one mod, one admin, and a total of 10 users.
-asuitablevictory;
-asuitablevictory;
Administrator
Administrator

https://logicallyunsound.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum